Last year, Christ UCC on Market and Center opened its doors as the official Bethlehem Emergency Shelter (BES) for men and women. This winter, the UPG will help at the Shelter on these dates: January 15, February 5 and March 5.
Volunteers are needed on these four dates to:
1. Greet guests and register them as they arrive. 4:30 – 7:15 pm and/or 7:15 – 10:00 pm
2. Provide an entree for the dinner meal. You can bring food to cook at BES or prepare an item at home to drop off by 4:30 pm
3. Provide a side dish and/or dessert for the dinner meal
4. Help cook dinner, serve food and clean up. 4:30 – 7:30 pm
5. Provide breakfast food (drop off by 8:00 pm)
6. Prepare and serve breakfast and clean up. 5:00 am – 7:30 am
7. One male and one female chaperone to spend the night. Bed is provided, bring your own pillow and sheets. 9:00 pm – 6:00 am A paid BES monitor is also present.
Suggestions for food items to bring (servings for 10 please):
Dinner: casseroles, sloppy joes, stews, soups, lasagna, frozen/fresh vegetables, potatoes, perogies, salads (BES provides salad dressings), rolls, desserts
Breakfast: egg or French toast casserole, sausages, eggs, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, cereals (BES provides milk and juice)
Please contact Michel Lloyd if you can help, or with any questions.
The shelter guests are very grateful for a warm place to stay & for the warm welcome provided. Contact Michel at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-695-3921