“Shout, God Is Mighty!!” You may have heard our children saying this during July 17 to 21 at Messiah’s VBS. “The Victory is Won!!” God led us through a very successful week of learning of victories that were won through God’s intervention and ultimately how Jesus won the greatest victory by overcoming sin and death through his resurrection. Through your support of VBS many children and youth learned again, or for the first time, of God’s love for them. Thank you to Messiah’s adult and youth volunteers who make this program possible and to the families who send their children to us.
Join Us On Facebook to see our Mighty Fortress!
Our sanctuary was transformed into a fortress complete with a knight, his horse, drawbridge, moat and look-out tower.
Thanks Be To God for these VBS Blessings!!
1. Number of children enrolled: 63
2. Average daily attendance: 56
3. Number of VBS volunteers: 32
4. Number of people who attended the staff luncheon: 30
5. Number of people who attended the closing worship and ice cream party: 120!!
6. Dress Up Day and Water Games Day!!
7. Amount of offering collected to defray the cost of the program: $237.76
8. Amount of offering collected for the St. Matthew’s Food Bank: $186.00
9. Average daily temperature: 91 degrees
10. Amount of donations received: more than enough to feed the staff each day and with some remaining to share
11. Amount of ice cream consumed: 80 donated ice cream cups from Friendly’s on William Penn Highway and one donated five gallon container
12. Number of new friendships formed and old ones renewed: countless
13.The Sunday night following VBS Tracy Haas organized an evening of fun and fellowship for our youth and their families at SkyZone in the Westgate Mall. At the time of writing this article 36 children/youth were expected to attend. Thank you, Tracy!! The children and youth of VBS were looking forward to spending more time together to build upon their friendships.
14. Our VBS families were invited to worship with us on the Sunday following VBS. The children participated in worship by singing their VBS songs. All families who do not have church affiliations are also sent a letter inviting them to come to our worship services and Sunday School.